Monday, September 22, 2014

Flowering freegan Crepe

The Crepe Myrtles have just loved the weather this year and so I thought I'd post a quick update on my Crepe Myrtle (Lagerstroemia indica) #12 which I wrote about last year here: Freegan bonsai - crepe myrtle

This is one of the large, full sized tree Crepes and produces big leaves, big flowers and quite a bit of space out to the ends of the flower bracts.  Still, the color is intense, much stronger than in the photograph.  Others are blooming too, but they will need their own blog story told.


Summer in the South is a time that's full of flowers and these are always a welcome sight!

2 comments:

  1. oooohhh! I have the big not so pretty version of this. I need this one for the center of my table. :) Beautiful job as always, cuz.

    ReplyDelete